About YAML Formatter
This YAML Formatter tool allows you to format code according to common formatting rules, making the source code easy to read, maintain, and consistent. Additionally, this tool provides a professional code editing experience similar to native code editors on dedicated devices running Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Is this tool safe?
This tool operates on the client-side, ensuring that any user-input data, such as source code and files, remain local and are not transmitted to the server. Consequently, your source code and data are kept secure and private.
What are the features of this YAML Formatter?
- It can be used to format your YAML source code, thereby improving its structure and appearance.
- This tool allows you to open an YAML file (with extensions .yaml or .yml) from your device as input.
- This tool is designed to optimize the workflow for working with the YAML language. You have the option to expand the editor to full screen, maximizing the workspace while editing YAML code.
- This YAML Formatter tool works well on both desktop and mobile devices, including popular web browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, and more.
How to use this YAML Formatter tool?
To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Paste or type your YAML code into the input box provided. Additionally, you can open a YAML file from your device.
- Select the formatting options.
- Once you have selected your options, click the
Format / Beautifybutton to apply the formatting to your YAML code.
- Copy the resulting code and paste it back into your YAML file or web page. You can also save the beautified YAML file to your device.
How does this YAML formatting tool work?